Monday, March 8, 2010

Letters to Emily Smith, my sponsored child in Africa, installment #1

Dear Emily,

I am stuffed! Just had a huge dinner at a new restaurant in the market. It's a seafood place. Is there seafood in Africa?

Anyway, I had this shrimp dish. It was amazing. The shrimp were plump and juicy and perfectly cooked and dripping with garlic butter. Mmmmm. Yummy goodness. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. 

I also had a lobster tail with more garlic butter. Apparently, garlic is really good for you. You should eat some, if you have garlic in your village. 

Now I feel like a beached whale, all fat and heavy. Maybe I ate too much but it was soooo good. You know when you're eating something so tasty, you just can't stop yourself even though you feel full? That's exactly what I did at dinner tonight. I ate like a little piggy. 

Now I'm paying the price. But that's ok 'cause my personal trainer is coming in the morning to help me work off those extra calories before I hit the mall for some shopping in the afternoon. Maybe I'll get a mani-pedi too. It's important to pamper yourself, you know?

Anyhoo, better run. The maid's running my bath and I want to make sure the water temperature isn't too hot. She can never seem to get it right! 

Hope you're doing well. Write soon! Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment