Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Letters to Emily Smith, my sponsored child in Africa, installment #3

Dear Emily,

I just bought an iPhone. How excited am I? This thing does everything! I can surf the Web, check my e-mail, text friends and use it as a phone. And it has like, a gazillion apps (that's short for applications). 

It can do stuff like find the best chicken wing place in town, play games, read a book, design and send digital postcards, look up recipes (not that I cook but for the kitchen staff - I think they'd really like that), tune an instrument, track expenses (although I don't really need to - I just use my dad's credit card, he takes care of the rest), edit digital photos, check surf conditions worldwide, find constellations and planets, track celebrity and fashion news, record music, and on and on!

Isn't it like the coolest thing ever? I mean, before I just had your run of the mill texting cellphone with a flip-out keyboard. Sure, I still had access to the Web and stuff but it was so not the same. That phone was ghetto. This one kicks ass! Hey, maybe I can find where you live! I'm sure there's a maps app. You'll have to send me your address. You can text or e-mail it to me if you want. That would be so cool! 

You should definitely give me your e-mail address. Then, I can send you photos of where I live. Or, we can become friends on Facebook! Then you can see all my photos! You must be on Facebook. I mean, like, the whole world is. Why didn't I think of this before? You should get on MSN too. Then we could chat in real time. How awesome would that be!

Anyhoo, gotta run. Tennis lesson. Which I HATE. I don't know why my mom insists I take them. I think it's because she thinks the instructor is really hot. Whatever. I have a massage afterwards so at least I have something to look forward to. 

Well, tata for now. Write soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment